Weblate 3.6 has been released today. It brings rewritten notifications, user data download and several other improvements. It also sets depreciation timeline for Python 2 installations - after April 2020 Weblate will only support Python 3.
Full list of changes:
- Add support for downloading user data.
- Addons are now automatically triggered upon installation.
- Improved instructions for resolving merge conflicts.
- Cleanup addon is now compatible with app store metadata translations.
- Configurable language code syntax when adding new translations.
- Warn about using Python 2 with planned termination of support in April 2020.
- Extract special chars from the source string for visual keyboard.
- Extended contributor stats to reflect both source and target counts.
- Admins and consistency addons can now add translations even if disabled for users.
- Fixed description of toggle disabling
- Notify users mentioned in comments.
- Removed file format autodetection from component setup.
- Fixed generating MO file for monolingual PO files.
- Added digest notifications.
- Added support for muting component notifications.
- Added notifications for new alerts, whiteboard messages or components.
- Notifications for administered projects can now be configured.
- Improved handling of three letter language codes.
If you are upgrading from older version, please follow our upgrading instructions.
You can find more information about Weblate on https://weblate.org, the code is hosted on Github. If you are curious how it looks, you can try it out on demo server. Weblate is also being used on https://hosted.weblate.org/ as official translating service for phpMyAdmin, OsmAnd, Turris, FreedomBox, Weblate itself and many other projects.
Should you be looking for hosting of translations for your project, I'm happy to host them for you or help with setting it up on your infrastructure.
Further development of Weblate would not be possible without people providing donations, thanks to everybody who have helped so far! The roadmap for next release is just being prepared, you can influence this by expressing support for individual issues either by comments or by providing bounty for them.