Weblate 1.5 has been released today. It comes with lot of improvements, especially in performance, reporting and support for machine translations.
Full list of changes for 1.5:
- Please check manual for upgrade instructions.
- Added public user pages.
- Better naming of plural forms.
- Added support for TBX export of glossary.
- Added support for Bitbucket notifications.
- Activity charts are now available for each translation, language or user.
- Extended options of import_project admin command.
- Compatible with Django 1.5.
- Avatars are now shown using libravatar.
- Added possibility to pretty print JSON export.
- Various performance improvements.
- Indicate failing checks or fuzzy strings in progress bars for projects or languages as well.
- Added support for custom pre-commit hooks and commiting additional files.
- Rewritten search for better performance and user experience.
- New interface for machine translations.
- Added support for monolingual po files.
- Extend amount of cached metadata to improve speed of various searches.
- Now shows word counts as well.
You can find more information about Weblate on it's website, the code is hosted on Github. If you are curious how it looks, you can try it out on demo server. You can login there with
demo account using
demo password or register your own user. Ready to run appliances will be soon available in SUSE Studio Gallery.
If you are free software project which would like to use Weblate, I'm happy to help you with set up or even host Weblate for you.