Slightly behind schedule (it should have been released in October), Weblate 2.9 is out today. This release brings Subversion support or improved zen mode.
Full list of changes:
- Extended parameters for createadmin management command.
- Extended import_json to be able to handle with existing components.
- Added support for YAML files.
- Project owners can now configure translation component and project details.
- Use "Watched" instead of "Subscribed" projects.
- Projects can be watched directly from project page.
- Added multi language status widget.
- Highlight secondary language if not showing source.
- Record suggestion deletion in history.
- Improved intuitivity of languages selection in profile.
- Fixed showing whiteboard messages for component.
- Keep preferences tab selected after saving.
- Show source string comment more prominently.
- Automatically install Gettext PO merge driver for Git repositories.
- Added search and replace feature.
- Added support for uploading visual context (screnshots) for translations.
If you are upgrading from older version, please follow our upgrading instructions.
You can find more information about Weblate on https://weblate.org, the code is hosted on Github. If you are curious how it looks, you can try it out on demo server. You can login there with
demo account using
demo password or register your own user. Weblate is also being used on https://hosted.weblate.org/ as official translating service for phpMyAdmin, OsmAnd, Aptoide, FreedomBox, Weblate itself and many other projects.
Should you be looking for hosting of translations for your project, I'm happy to host them for you or help with setting it up on your infrastructure.
Further development of Weblate would not be possible without people providing donations, thanks to everybody who have helped so far! The roadmap for next release is just being prepared, you can influence this by expressing support for individual issues either by comments or by providing bounty for them.