After quite big delay, Weblate 0.8 is finally ready. There are many fixes and improvements like grouping of Git commits, improved checks or activity logging. All in all this should be feature complete for 1.0 release.
Now it's time to stabilize all the features and release 0.9 (AKA 1.0rc) and then we'll be ready to fire 1.0.
Full list of changes for 0.8:
- Replaced own full text search with Whoosh.
- Various fixes and improvements to checks.
- New command updatechecks.
- Lot of translation updates.
- Added dictionary for storing most frequently used terms.
- Added /admin/report/ for overview of repositories status.
- Machine translation services no longer block page loading.
- Management interface now contains also useful actions to update data.
- Records log of changes made by users.
- Ability to postpone commit to Git to generate less commits from single user.
- Possibility to browse failing checks.
- Automatic translation using already translated strings.
- New about page showing used versions.
- Django 1.4 compatibility.
- Ability to push changes to remote repo from web interface.
- Added review of translations done by others.
You can find more information about Weblate on it's website, the code is hosted on Github. If you are curious how it looks, you can try it out on demo server. You can login there with
demo account using
demo password or register your own user.
Weblate is also being used https://l10n.cihar.com/ as official translating service for phpMyAdmin, Gammu, Weblate itself and others.
PS: If you're about to use Weblate, rather use Git version than tagged 0.8, you will get bunch of bug fixes for free :-).