Weblate Blog / Perzhioù
Weblate 1.6 is already two weeks out without any regressions, so now it's time to think about features for 1.7.
Yesterday, I've spent some time trying to improve speed of translation import in Weblate. It got annoyingly slow while adding new features and I felt there has to be some area for improvements even with all the features.
The first crowdfunded feature for Weblate is here - Voting for suggestions.
For some time, Weblate was showing avatars for users. Just as I've discovered Libravatar - free and federated alternative to Gravatar, I thought it would be better replacement.
Recently, I've learned about git remote helpers feature in Git, which allows to transparently use Git with other version control systems. As Weblate currently supports only Git, it was quite obvious to give this approach a try.
Weblate recently got another new feature - charting of translation project activity.
As usual, I've changed my plans for Weblate 1.4. Simply before I got to implementing features I wanted to have there, I've already implemented bunch of other things, which are worth releasing.
I've got yet another question whether Weblate has any sort for ACL to limit access to project. As usual, my answer was no, but I started to think how I would implement such feature.
As there is still some development ongoing in Weblate, it's time to share information about some of the features you can expect in upcoming release.
After several months, my patches for Android resources support in translate-toolkit has been merged.