Weblate 2.17 has been released today. There are quite some performance improvements, improved search, improved access control settings and various other improvements.
Full list of changes:
- Weblate by default does shallow Git clones now.
- Improved performance when updating large translation files.
- Added support for blocking certain emails from registration.
- Users can now delete their own comments.
- Added preview step to search and replace feature.
- Client side persistence of settings in search and upload forms.
- Extended search capabilities.
- More fine grained per project ACL configuration.
- Default value of BASE_DIR has been changed.
- Added two step account removal to prevent accidental removal.
- Project access control settings is now editable.
- Added optional spam protection for suggestions using Akismet.
Update: The bugfix 2.17.1 is out as well, fixing testsuite errors in some setups:
- Fixed running testsuite in some specific situations.
- Locales updates.
If you are upgrading from older version, please follow our upgrading instructions.
You can find more information about Weblate on https://weblate.org, the code is hosted on Github. If you are curious how it looks, you can try it out on demo server. You can login there with
demo account using
demo password or register your own user. Weblate is also being used on https://hosted.weblate.org/ as official translating service for phpMyAdmin, OsmAnd, Turris, FreedomBox, Weblate itself and many other projects.
Should you be looking for hosting of translations for your project, I'm happy to host them for you or help with setting it up on your infrastructure.
Further development of Weblate would not be possible without people providing donations, thanks to everybody who have helped so far! The roadmap for next release is just being prepared, you can influence this by expressing support for individual issues either by comments or by providing bounty for them.