After almost six months of development Weblate 2.5 has been released. It brings lot of improvements and it's quite hard to point few ones. The most important ones include support for Python 3, reports generators, placeables highlighting, extended keyboard shortcuts, configurable dashboard or group based ACLs.
Full list of changes for 2.5:
- Fixed automatic translation for project owners.
- Improved performance of commit and push operations.
- New management command to add suggestions from command line.
- Added support for merging comments on file upload.
- Added support for some GNU extensions to C printf format.
- Documentation improvements.
- Added support for generating translator credits.
- Added support for generating contributor stats.
- Site wide search can search only in one language.
- Improve quality checks for Armenian.
- Support for starting translation components without existing translations.
- Support for adding new transations in Qt TS.
- Improved support for translating PHP files.
- Performance improvements for quality checks.
- Fixed sitewide search for failing checks.
- Added option to specify source language.
- Improved support for XLIFF files.
- Extended list of options for import_project.
- Improved targeting for whiteboard messages.
- Support for automatic translation across projects.
- Optimized fulltext search index.
- Added management command for auto translation.
- Added placeables highlighting.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for placeables, checks and machine translations.
- Improved translation locking.
- Added quality check for AngularJS interpolation.
- Added extensive group based ACLs.
- Clarified terminology on strings needing review (formerly fuzzy).
- Clarified terminology on strings needing action and not translated strings.
- Support for Python 3.
- Dropped support for Django 1.7.
- Dropped dependency on msginit for creating new Gettext po files.
- Added configurable dashboard views.
- Improved notifications on parse erorrs.
- Added option to import components with duplicate name to import_project.
- Improved support for translating PHP files
- Added XLIFF export for dictionary.
- Added XLIFF and Gettext PO export for all translations.
- Documentation improvements.
- Added support for configurable automatic group assignments.
- Improved adding of new translations.
If you are upgrading from older version, please follow our upgrading instructions.
You can find more information about Weblate on https://weblate.org, the code is hosted on Github. If you are curious how it looks, you can try it out on demo server. You can login there with
demo account using
demo password or register your own user. Weblate is also being used https://hosted.weblate.org/ as official translating service for phpMyAdmin, OsmAnd, Aptoide, FreedomBox, Weblate itself and many other projects.
Should you be looking for hosting of translations for your project, I'm happy to host them for you or help with setting it up on your infrastructure.
Further development of Weblate would not be possible without people providing donations, thanks to everybody who have helped so far! The roadmap for next release is just being prepared, you can influence this by expressing support for individual issues either by comments or by providing bounty for them.