Weblate 1.7 has been released today. It comes with lot of improvements, especially in translation speed and many new features.
Full list of changes for 1.7:
- Please check manual for upgrade instructions.
- Support for checking Python brace format string.
- Per subproject customization of quality checks.
- Detailed per translation stats.
- Changed way of linking suggestions, checks and comments to units.
- Users can now add text to commit message.
- Support for subscribing on new language requests.
- Support for adding new translations.
- Widgets and charts are now rendered using Pillow instead of Pango + Cairo.
- Add status badge widget.
- Dropped invalid text direction check.
- Changes in dictionary are now logged in history.
- Performance improvements for translating view.
You can find more information about Weblate on it's website, the code is hosted on Github. If you are curious how it looks, you can try it out on demo server. You can login there with
demo account using
demo password or register your own user. Ready to run appliances will be soon available in SUSE Studio Gallery.
Weblate is also being used https://l10n.cihar.com/ as official translating service for phpMyAdmin, Gammu, Weblate itself and others.
If you are free software project which would like to use Weblate, I'm happy to help you with set up or even host Weblate for you.
Further development of Weblate would not be possible without people providing donations, thanks to everybody who have helped so far!