Weblate 2.0 has been released today. It comes with lot of improvements in backend and completely new user interface.
Full list of changes for 2.0:
- New responsive UI using Bootstrap.
- Rewritten VCS backend.
- Documentation improvements.
- Added whiteboard for site wide messages.
- Configurable strings priority.
- Added support for JSON file format.
- Fixed generating mo files in certain cases.
- Added support for GitLab notifications.
- Added support for disabling translation suggestions.
- Django 1.7 support.
- ACL projects now have user management.
- Extended search possibilites.
- Give more hints to translators about plurals.
- Fixed Git repository locking.
- Compatibility with older Git versions.
- Improved ACL support.
- Added buttons for per language quotes and other special chars.
- Support for exporting stats as JSONP.
You can find more information about Weblate on http://weblate.org, the code is hosted on Github. If you are curious how it looks, you can try it out on demo server. You can login there with
demo account using
demo password or register your own user. Ready to run appliances will be soon available in SUSE Studio Gallery.
If you are free software project which would like to use Weblate, I'm happy to help you with set up or even host Weblate for you.
Further development of Weblate would not be possible without people providing donations, thanks to everybody who have helped so far!