Weblate 2.12 has been released today, few days behind schedule. It brings improved screenshots management, better search and replace features or improved import. Many of the new features were already announced in previous post, where you can find more details about them.
Full list of changes:
- Improved admin interface for groups.
- Added support for Yandex Translate API.
- Improved speed of sitewide search.
- Added project and component wide search.
- Added project and component wide search and replace.
- Improved rendering of inconsistent translations.
- Added support for opening source files in local editor.
- Added support for configuring visual keyboard with special characters.
- Improved screenshot management with OCR support for matching source strings.
- Default commit message now includes translation information and URL.
- Added support for Joomla translation format.
- Improved reliability of import across file formats.
If you are upgrading from older version, please follow our upgrading instructions.
You can find more information about Weblate on https://weblate.org, the code is hosted on Github. If you are curious how it looks, you can try it out on demo server. You can login there with
demo account using
demo password or register your own user. Weblate is also being used on https://hosted.weblate.org/ as official translating service for phpMyAdmin, OsmAnd, Aptoide, FreedomBox, Weblate itself and many other projects.
Should you be looking for hosting of translations for your project, I'm happy to host them for you or help with setting it up on your infrastructure.
Further development of Weblate would not be possible without people providing donations, thanks to everybody who have helped so far! The roadmap for next release is just being prepared, you can influence this by expressing support for individual issues either by comments or by providing bounty for them.