Weblate 2.4 has been released today. It comes with extended support for various file formats, extended hook scripts, better keyboard shortcuts and dozen of bug fixes.
Full list of changes for 2.4:
- Improved support for PHP files.
- Ability to add ACL to anonymous user.
- Improved configurability of import_project command.
- Added CSV dump of history.
- Avoid copy/paste errors with whitespace chars.
- Added support for Bitbucket webhooks.
- Tigher control on fuzzy strings on translation upload.
- Several URLs have changed, you might have to update your bookmarks.
- Hook scripts are executed with VCS root as current directory.
- Hook scripts are executed with environment variables descriping current component.
- Add management command to optimize fulltext index.
- Added support for error reporting to Rollbar.
- Projects now can have multiple owners.
- Project owners can manage themselves.
- Support for adding new translations in XLIFF.
- Improved file format autodetection.
- Extended keyboard shortcuts.
- Improved dictionary matching for several languages.
- Improved layout of most of pages.
- Support for adding words to dictionary while translating.
- Added support for filtering languages to be managed by Weblate.
- Added support for translating and importing CSV files.
- Rewritten handling of static files.
- Direct login/registration links to third party service if that's the only one.
- Commit pending changes on account removal.
- Add management command to change site name.
- Add option to confiugure default committer.
- Add hook after adding new translation.
- Add option to specify multiple files to add to commit.
If you are upgrading from older version, please follow our upgrading instructions.
You can find more information about Weblate on http://weblate.org, the code is hosted on Github. If you are curious how it looks, you can try it out on demo server. You can login there with
demo account using
demo password or register your own user.
Weblate is also being used https://hosted.weblate.org/ as official translating service for phpMyAdmin, Gammu, Weblate itself and other projects.
If you are free software project which would like to use Weblate, I'm happy to help you with set up or even host Weblate for you.
Further development of Weblate would not be possible without people providing donations, thanks to everybody who have helped so far!
PS: The roadmap for next release is just being prepared, you can influence this by expressing support for individual issues either by comments or by providing bounty for them.