Weblate 2.20 has been released today. There are several performance improvements, new features and bug fixes.
Full list of changes:
- Improved speed of cloning subversion repositories.
- Changed repository locking to use third party library.
- Added support for downloading only strings needing action.
- Added support for searching in several languages at once.
- New addon to configure Gettext output wrapping.
- New addon to configure JSON formatting.
- Added support for authentication in API using RFC 6750 compatible Bearer authentication.
- Added support for automatic translation using machine translation services.
- Added support for HTML markup in whiteboard messages.
- Added support for mass changing state of strings.
- Translate-toolkit at least 2.3.0 is now required, older versions are no longer supported.
- Added built in translation memory.
- Added componentlists overview to dashboard and per component list overview pages.
- Added support for DeepL machine translation service.
- Machine translation results are now cached inside Weblate.
- Added support for reordering commited changes.
If you are upgrading from older version, please follow our upgrading instructions.
You can find more information about Weblate on https://weblate.org, the code is hosted on Github. If you are curious how it looks, you can try it out on demo server. Weblate is also being used on https://hosted.weblate.org/ as official translating service for phpMyAdmin, OsmAnd, Turris, FreedomBox, Weblate itself and many other projects.
Should you be looking for hosting of translations for your project, I'm happy to host them for you or help with setting it up on your infrastructure.
Further development of Weblate would not be possible without people providing donations, thanks to everybody who have helped so far! The roadmap for next release is just being prepared, you can influence this by expressing support for individual issues either by comments or by providing bounty for them.