مدوّنة Weblate / التطوير
Weblate is renaming branches to main, showing respect and keeping privacy
Crazy year this 2020, isn’t it? Hacktoberfest is here no matter what! Make the world a better place with open source!
The Docker container for Weblate got several improvements in past days and if you're using it, it might be worth reviewing your setup.
Since some time we're using siphash algorithm to speed up looking up strings in Weblate. Even though it is used by Python internally, it's not exposed in the standard library so several third party modules appeared in the PyPI. Out of all these siphashc or rather it's Python 3 fork siphashc3 seemed to perform best, so I've started to use that.
I've made several changes to the Weblate Docker container which are worth mentioning today.
Weblate has started to use HackerOne Community Edition some time ago and I think it's good to share my experience with that. Do you have open source project and want to get more attention of security community? This post will answer how it looks from perspective of pretty small project.
Today, Weblate got new home. The difference is not that big - it has been moved from my personal GitHub account to WeblateOrg organization.
In last days, the Weblate Docker container got several improvements to make it better fit for production setup. All changes are heavily based on pull request by Fred Cox.
During the last days I've completed quite long time challenge - make Weblate compatible with Python 3. It's probably still not in shape you would use it on production server, but it runs fine and the testsuite completes without errors.
After releasing Weblate 2.0 with Bootstrap based UI, there was still lot of things to improve. Weblate 2.1 brought more consistency in using buttons with colors and icons. Weblate 2.2 will bring some improvements in other graphics elements.