Merging Weblate instances

Oct. 2, 2014

For quite some time, I've been running translation server for projects where I am involved at l10n.cihar.com. Historically this used Pootle, but when we had more and more problems with that, I've written Weblate and started to use it there.

As Weblate become more popular and I got requests to help people with running it, I've realized that it might be good idea to run server where I could host translations for other projects. This is when Hosted Weblate was born.

After some time, I've realized that it really makes little sense to run and maintain separate servers for these sets of projects, so I've decided to move all translations from l10n.cihar.com to hosted.weblate.org. Today this move was completed by moving translations for phpMyAdmin.

Related articles