Terms & Privacy
The legal documents necessary to offer this service. The Terms of Service document is authoritative in English, translations are provided for your convenience.View English version
Terms of Service
The rights and obligations of the User and the Provider resulting from the use of the Service are governed by these Terms of Service.
In these Terms of Service:
- means License Agreement within the meaning of Article 2358 et seq. of the Civil Code concluded by and between the User and the Provider upon the Consent
- Civil Code
- means Act No. 89/2012 Coll., the Civil Code, as amended
- means the User’s consent with these Terms of Service and other legal documents expressed by checking the checkbox during the registration
- mean any data file sent by the Service web server to the User’s computer of other device connected to the Internet, which enable obtaining of unique identification of the User’s web browser
- means non-exclusive license granted by the Provider to the User for use of the Service
- means Ing. Michal Čihař, Zdiměřická 1439/8, 149 00 Praha, CZ, Reg. No. 04705904
- Personal Data
- means personal data within the meaning of Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on personal data protection, as amended, inserted by the User into the Service and/or Cookies
- means the User who can manage Project
- means translation project operated on the Service
- means the website and services based on Weblate operated by the Provider
- Translation Memory
- means the optional translation memory service provided within Weblate
- means any legal entity or an individual other than the Provider, who is using the Service
- means distributed version control system used by the Project such as Git or Mercurial
License Agreement Conclusion
The License Agreement is concluded upon the User’s Acceptance of the Provider’s Offer.
By concluding Agreement under Article 2.1 of this Agreement, the following provisions of this Article 3 of the Terms of Service come into force.
The Provider grants the User with an Agreement License and the User accepts the License, all this under the terms and conditions stated in these Terms of Service.
The Provider shall have the right to shut down, adjust, modify or make the Service unavailable on the web address at any time.
The User agrees to use the Service only in a manner not jeopardizing technical software and/or hardware means of the Provider and/or such means in the Provider’s use.
The User agrees to refrain from use of the Service in bad faith and/or deliberately causing any damage to the Service.
The User agrees to refrain from bypassing the Service’s software and/or technical hardware means, in particular the security systems.
Liability for Damage
The User hereby renders it undisputed that the Provider shall not be liable for any damage caused to the User resulting from the use of the Service.
If the User is an entrepreneur, he hereby expressly waives his right to compensation from the Provider for damage unintentionally caused by the Provider to the User through a breach of any obligation contained in these Terms of Service and/or resulting from the use of the Service.
Within the meaning of Article 5 (2) of Act No. 101/2000 Coll., on personal data protection, as amended, the User hereby gives his consent with the collecting, storage and processing of the Personal Data provided by the User to the administrator, who is the Provider, through the use of the Service; the User gives his consent with the processing and use of his Personal Data by the Provider, his employees and/or his authorised business partners. This consent is given as long as User does not remove his account from the Service.
The purpose of the processing of Personal Data as determined by the Provider is the use of Personal Data for sending of commercial communications to the subject of the data (the User) through electronic means under Act No. 480/2004 Coll., on certain services of the information society, as amended, and further for marketing and business needs of the Provider’s contractual partners and for statistical and/or marketing purposes of the Provider.
If the User directly and effectively informs the Provider that he no longer wishes to receive business information from the Provider, the Provider shall refrain from sending further unsolicited business communications.
The User declares that he/she is aware of his/her rights under Article 12 and Article 21 of the Personal Data Protection Act and declares that all the Personal Data are accurate and true and have been provided voluntarily.
The Provider declares that he will collect Personal Data only in the extent necessary for meeting the above-specified purpose and process the Personal Data in accordance with the purpose for which they were collected. The Provider’s employees and other individuals who process the Personal Data on the basis of a contract with the Provider shall maintain confidentiality of the Personal Data, even after the termination of their employment or business relationship with the Provider.
The Provider declares that he will process the Personal Data by electronic means (automatically) via computer programs for which the Provider has secured the right of use, in particular the Service.
The User’s consent under this Article 5 of the Terms of Service constitutes free and informed juridical act which concerns the consent of the subject of the data (the User) with processing of the Personal Data.
The Service organizes translation into individual Projects, where the Owner is responsible for managing them and for specifying accurately the Project license.
Not specifying translation license means that the translations are available under same license as project itself.
Should the Project opt in for the Translation Memory, license to use the translation is granted to all Translation Memory users.
The User agrees to the license Project has specified upon contributing to the Project.
The User agrees to use his name and e-mail as authorship in the VCS commits. The User understands that this grant is non revocable due to nature of the VCS.
These Terms of Service shall be governed by the laws of the Czech Republic with exclusion of conflict rules.
Any disputes arising on the basis of the Agreement and/or these Terms of Service shall be resolved by the court of the Czech republic having substantive and local jurisdiction.
These Terms of Service shall come into force and effect on 1st September 2017.
We comply with the Regulation No. 679/2016, the General Data Protection Regulation, also known as GDPR. This document includes necessary specifications.
Personal Data Controller
Ing. Michal Čihař, Zdiměřická 1439/8, 149 00 Praha, CZ, Reg. No. 04705904
We have appointed a data protection officer who may be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Personal Data we process
We process only Personal Data User provides us by using our service:
- Name and e-mail
- These are used to identify you in the VCS commits
- Additionally, e-mail is used for notification of watched events
- Password in hashed form
- Used to authenticate user if configured
- IP address and browser name
- These are logged in case of important changes to your account (e.g. password change) to allow diagnosis in case your account is stolen
- Billing information
- In case you purchase service from us, we collect additional billing information necessary for issuing an invoice
Purpose and legal basis of processing Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be used for the purposes of the Service:
- for providing our services on the Service, to contact you in matters regarding our services (also by means of e-mails and messaging) and to ensure the technical functionality of our services fulfillment of contractual or pre-contractual obligations (Article 6 (1) b. GDPR)
- to analyze your use of our services and improve our services (Article 6 (1) b. and f. GDPR)
- with your express consent or instruction to carry out our business activities or sent you newsletters (Article 6 (1) a. GDPR)
Access to the Personal Data
Controller has made all reasonable technical means to protect the Personal Data. Only authorized persons can access the Personal Data.
Third parties which can gain access to the Personal Data when necessary are:
- Persons which are contracted for technical assurance of the service.
- Payment processors.
All Personal Data is stored in the European Union.
The Personal Data retention
The Personal Data is stored in the Service until User deletes his account in the service.
Access log information might be collected for longer period for the purpose of establishing, exercise or defence of legal claims.
User provides use Personal Data voluntarily. Without this we are not able to provide our services.
We want you to always be in control of your Personal Data. To this end, you have certain rights that allow for it. Under certain conditions, you may:
- Gain access to all your Personal Data that we use or processing, and even get a copy of all of it (Article 15 GDPR)
- Correct the Personal Data that we are processing if you think that there are mistakes
- Order us to delete your Personal Data
- Restrict the Personal Data processing
- Object to processing
- Receive your Personal Data in a commonly used and machine-readable format or to transmit this Personal Data to a different provider.